Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Purchases, Sales and Leasing – Representing clients who purchase or sell commercial real estate, whether office, retail, industrial, multi-family, or vacant. Prepare commercial leases from either the landlord or tenant perspective, and negotiate or litigate lease disputes.
- Office and Commercial Development – Representing developers and builders of office, retail, and other commercial property through the zoning and approval process, as well as drafting and negotiating all necessary documents and contracts. We assist our clients in blind purchasing, financing negotiations, leasing issues, and in dealings with contractors and suppliers.
- Zoning, Planning and Land Use Regulation – Representing property owners, developers and government entities in the interpretation, implementation and enforcement of land use regulations and local real estate law. This includes representation throughout the entire planning and zoning approval process, and if necessary, in any litigation that may arise out of this process.
- Condominium Development – This includes representation in every aspect of the development process, including the preparation of condominium documents, the forming of entities including LLCs and associations, and obtaining required approvals from local government bodies.
- Homeowners Associations & Condo Associations – Our decades of experience as real estate attorneys is beneficial in the creation of homeowners associations, community associations, and condo associations – before, during, and after the property has been developed. Additionally, we serve as legal representation for condo associations on an ongoing basis.
What does “commercial real estate” refer to?
Commercial real estate refers to property that is being used for business purposes, as opposed to residential real estate used for living purposes.
What does a commercial real estate lawyer do?
A commercial real estate lawyer can assist you in reviewing contracts, purchase and sale agreements, zoning ordinances, mortgage documents, and closing documents. They will help you every step of the way in the property transaction.
When should I hire a commercial real estate attorney?
Hiring a commercial real estate attorney before commencing a property transaction will greatly benefit you.
Staying organized, making sure all documents are thoroughly reviewed, taking into consideration zoning ordinances – it can be a lot to deal with.
Let us help you make this a smooth transaction from start to finish.
If you think you may need a commercial real estate attorney, contact Simen, Figura & Parker at 810-235-9000 for a consultation. For decades this Flint law firm has been at the forefront of handling commercial real estate transactions, and the skilled attorneys will be able to do the same for you today.